RDYSL Board Meeting Minutes
Sunday, September 12, 2010
JCC 1200 Edgewood Avenue
Board Attendees: Mary Arter, Peppy Ehrlich, Neil Fisher, George Hebert, Karen May, Dave Peishel, Jacky VanDellon, Mark VanDellon, Janet Wright
Called to Order: 6:04 pm
1. Age groups eligible for team sportsmanship awards – What age groups should we include? Decision: Amend the program to include all age groups.
2. Rules review
· 203.3- RDYSL will be switching from Microsoft Office 2003 to 2007 in effect for the 2012 season.
· 310- Eliminate call up rule? No
· 310.2-Increase number of call ups to 4 per game? No change
· 310.3-Increase number of times a player can be called up? No change
· 310.5-Where are yellow cards charged for called up players? No change
· Web- Add U16 to form for age of call up player-Someone had old form this was fixed a long time ago
· Web- Add call up dropdown with player name-Yes
· Sample completed call up form on the website-George to send to Mark
· 401.1-Change ruling by the board-yes, impractical for entire board to get together for a ruling. Rule change: “All league games must be played unless the gender VP grants an exception.”
· 409.2-Deduct 3 points for games using ineligible player? Rule Change: “The penalty for a team participation in games with an ineligible player will be a forfeit for each game with the ineligible player.”
· 411.3-Stop clock during heat breaks? Yes –allow a maximum of 3 minutes.
· 414.2a- Require an RM-certified adult at all times- Leave as is
· 414.2b-Add AR’s at U15-U16? Yes in 2012 if ref unit can support
· 500.2.5Non-fighting red cards excused from serving suspensions at start of next season? No, Leave as is.
· 600.2b-Clarify language- “Only sanctions above the minimum fine may be appealed.”
· 802-Define “fighting” --not a soccer term? Jacky to research this again. Revisit at October meeting.
· 802-Fine clubs for entering field data after deadline- common sense rule.
· 802-heavier fines for club official misbehavior? No
· 802-Review sanction amounts in rules; Reduce fine/increase suspension for coach ejection? Table until October meeting.
· 802-What is the difference between 30 minute grace period and late start? See Rule 410.3 “Any team not present or ready to play within the 30 minute grace period after the scheduled kickoff time will be considered to have forfeited the game.”
· 802- Increase fines for fans sitting on the same side of field? Reinforce with referees the need to enforce RDYSL rules. Increase fine from $25 -$100.
1. Agenda for Presidents’ meeting
· Silent soccer Week- Mark to discuss
· Club Improvement activities- George to discuss
#4. Add: Do we want to provide probations or sanctions for clubs/teams with poor behavior, etc.?
#5. Add Zero tolerance and referee inconsistencies
*Remind clubs/teams we are raising the minimum # of players for registration.