6:00 8:00 pm
JCC 1200 Edgewood Avenue
Arter, Lou Boyon, Howie DeLooze, Neil Fisher, Beth Guzzetta, Karen May, Brad
Schreiber, Jacky VanDellon, Mark VanDellon
Called to Order: 6:00 PM
- Introduce our new member Brad Schreiber has agreed to
take on the Division Coordinator job for the Girls U15 and U16 age groups.
- News from NYSW AGM:
- Club pass New York West is looking into Club passes
just making the RDYSL board aware of this possible update.
- Risk Management - NYSW is stressing Risk Management
passes for all club coaches, managers and administrators. As the RDYSL
board all our members should have Risk Management passes Jacky has
volunteered to look into a way to make sure all our members have Risk
Management passes through their own clubs or RDYSL.
- Red Card discussion - New policies around serving red
card suspensions We need to discuss how we are going to handle this new
policy. If we want to put something in the rules we will need to get the
rules changed before the end of the year. Mary will write up a proposed
Rule change to address this and will work with the board using email.
- District Development Centers - Discussed a proposal from
NYSW on District Development Center/academies and training. This is aimed
mostly at 8, 9 & 10 year olds. Mary will keep in touch with NYSW on
- Rules Review:
- Need to add words around the red card changes see
- Update the boundaries to be Route 98 on the West South
5& 20 is fine Change to be route 350 on the East. Clubs outside
of this area that are current members are grandfathered in. Clubs that
want to join in the future must have fields that are within the League
- Club name changes Clubs must notify the League of name
changes by December 1st for the following season.
- Discussion of updated fines specifically the mass
ejection rule. Add word maximize to the wording of this fine. Removed
specific club officers fines.
- Add wording to the rule about playing age there are no
- Rules need to be updated, approved by the board and sent
out for a 30 day review by the member clubs.
- Open action items: Reviewed the action items to see what
the statuses are.
protest/appeal process for compliance with NYSW adjudication manual
(Mary/George) in process.
requirements for player pass photos (Jacky) Jacky started working this.
c. Create examples
of properly completed call up form and call up game report (George) Mary to
contact George to get status.
d. Send list of
card types to Mark (George) Mary to take a cut at this update.
e. Schedule review
meeting with referee unit (Maryto include Mark and Joe with Bill Engel and
Sean Schiano) Planned for after the AGM.
f. Send T-shirt
info to Lou (Mary) done.
- Preparation of the AGM:
- Next Sunday, November 22, 2009, 7:00pm at MCC.
- Reviewed agenda and meeting invites and process for Club
- Discussed clubs to allowed to vote need to be in good
standing all fines paid.
- Need to check with George to see if we can announce the
- Review 2009 referee data
- Discussed 8 referees with low average scores last year
worked with referee unit on helping these referees This year one
referee did not work in our league the rest were all better than last
year on their scores. Good improvement.
- This year we have 14 referees with low averages that we
will discuss with the referee unit.
- Shared numbers for how the RDYSL referees scored on
average compared 2008 to 2009. Averages are similar and look good
- Mark Published calendar for next year looks good.
- Discussed meeting dates for board meetings.