Monday, August 24,
7:00 9:00 pm
JCC 1200 Edgewood Avenue
Arter, Lou Boyon, Dennis Crowe, Peppy Ehrlich, Neil Fisher, Sue Gurak, Beth
Guzzetta, George Hebert, Donna Kephart, Karen May, Dave Peishel, Jacky Van
Dellon, Mark Van Dellon, Joe Walton
Called to Order: 7:01pm
- How did the season go?
Went around the room to discuss the season and how the season went in
Very few issues went directly to Mary most were sent back to DCs and
- Team Sportsmanship
331 teams qualify for Gold (no cards of any kind).
144 teams qualify for Silver (no red cards, 1-5 yellow cards).
17 teams qualified for Bronze (no red cards, 6-10 yellow cards).
32 teams qualify for no team award.
Clubs that did well did very well 13 clubs had all teams qualify for
- Model and Leadership Clubs
Reviewed the model and leadership club awards as they stand currently. A
few more fines are still in the works before final numbers.
- Award Logos are being designed. George will send them
out for everyone to look at.
- Rules discussion
- 200-1 Club entry Should club name changes follow the
same deadline as a new club? What deadline should we have for club name
changes it should be by September 1st. Name will stay for
the season if the name change does not get submitted by September 1st.
- New club is a new legal entity. If a name change ensues
then an investigation into whether a new legal entity has been created
may be conducted by the board.
- 204 Should we allow late registration in the event of
extraordinary circumstances? Do not like when adult mistakes harm the
team. Discussion around how to define extraordinary circumstances? No
changes to this rule.
- 204-1 Geographic boundaries defined these earlier
this year need to add this to the rules. Revisit the wording to get
this shored up.
- 307 Revisiting the dual rostering rules per a coaches
request. The proposed rule change is not enforceable. No changes.
- 310 call up rule:
Please add a fine for call up rule being done incorrectly. OK to add a
fine? add $25 if incomplete call up form. Add a box to the game report for
ref to indicate the call up form was turned.
How should yellow cards be credited for a player? The cards need to
follow the players.
- 400 Should we disallow slide tackles at the U10 levels?
Bring up at presidents meeting for input.
- 401 Reduce the U17 and U19 games to a 10 game season?
Only U19? Bring up at presidents meeting.
- 402 Clubs did not provide the right field size?
Remind the presidents of the field sizes for all age groups.
- 405 Update the number of players for 9v9 for U12 to
match the decision made at the presidents meeting last year.
- 409 Verified that the sanctions are the same for
competitive and non-competitive.
- 410 Lack of passes can not start game it is in the
- 411 Water break is allowable please add to the rules.
Jacky to look up rule from the south to get wording.
- 411-2-1 teams agree to cancel or reschedule the game.
without contacting the DC? Leave rule as is.
- 412-3 Need to specify best record is wins/losses or
aggregate score between the teams Change to aggregate score of those
- 413 No release of t-shirts before the season was
complete. Nothing handed out until your last game is played.
- 414 Staff management person to be on the sideline
throughout the game. Need to re-word to indicate the risk management
passes person must be present for the entire game.
- 414-1-D Fine for not providing an envelope to the
referee? - Add fine - $10.
- 414-2-A U13/14 should we start the season later. They
can change the games no change.
- 414-2-A Add a new fine for when they do not turn in a
game report - $25.
- 414-2-A Risk management approved but no actual card can
they reschedule the meeting with no fines? No rule change.
- 415 Should a game report be turned in for a rain out
not always necessary no rule change.
- 415 2-B Should the game report be the law for yellow
cards. Remind the coaches to double check the report or with the referee
as to who was given the cards? Ask the referee after the game remind
the coaches as their responsibility. No rule change. Verifying the
score includes cautions given.
- Next meeting
- Sunday night September 13th 6:00pm JCC.
- Presidents meeting September 27th.