2:00 – 4:00 pm
JCC 1200 Edgewood Avenue
Arter, Lou Boyon, Howie DeLooze, Peppy Ehrlich, Neil Fisher, Mike Fridman, Beth
Guzzetta, George Hebert, Donna Kephart, Jim LeGrett, Karen May, Dave Peishel, Jacky
VanDellon, Mark VanDellon
Called to Order: 2:00pm
- Rules review:
- Reviewed document page by page for any issues with the
- Some words were updated to clarify point.
- Call up rule discussion around limiting number of times a
player can be called up was moved to the end of this meeting.
- Completed review and the document will be sent out with
the minor changes by Mark.
- Budget review:
- Lou reviewed this year’s budget. The Budget showed RDYSL
lost approximately $4000. Main reason was referee assignor’s fee was more
- No change in the registration fees for 2009.
- The referee fee schedule must be updated to cover the
assignor fees that will now be paid by the clubs.
- Club Sportsmanship award:
- Discussed the sportsmanship award suggestion presented by
- Board liked the proposal – still needs some work on
details – George is going to work the details and bring back to the
- Team Sportsmanship award:
- Mary looked at the team sportsmanship awards and determined
that most of the teams could have earned some level of the team
sportsmanship award in 2008 and we expect many teams will earn this award
- Referee topics:
- Discussion around RDYSL not getting the best officials on
the days that RDSL plays due to not paying as much as RDSL. Should we
increase our referee fees?
- Discussion around days of the week that games are
scheduled with respect to the number of referees available and the days
that RDSL plays.
- May want to make some changes for next year in these
- 2009 board:
- Board members have all agreed to continue for 2009.
- A new position is being created on the board: Special
projects chairperson – this will include being a Rhinos Liaison as well
as any other projects the league would like to pursue.
- Jim LeGrett has shown an interest in this position and
will step down from being a Division Coordinator.
- Division Coordinator –
Boys side is set.
Girls side – one DC is needed – Jacky has someone who is interested –
she is working out the details.
- Call up rule:
- Discussion about limiting the number of times a player
can be called up.
- Decision by board to limit the number of times that one player
can be called up to 4 times total no matter if the player plays up with
one or more teams.
- NYSW AGM is November 15th.
- RDYSL AGM to be November 23rd 7:00pm.
- Mary to check on availability at MCC.
- Discussed topics to be discussed at the AGM.