August 18, 2002 - RDYSL Board Meeting
D’Andrea’s Party House – 6:30 P.M.
Present: Ken Bliss, Mark Ivison, Neil Fisher, Lou Boyon, Jacky Van Dellon, Mark Van Dellon, Joe Walton, Peppy Ehrlich, Ann Marie Mahon, Dave Pratt, Kurt Knoblauch, Dave Rich, Andrea Patton
1 RDYSL – Ken
· There might be three or four openings for RDYSL Board members for the 2003 season.
· Referee fines will need to be corrected by Division Coordinators.
· D.C.s will go through the list of fines from Franz Sauer and check to make sure fines are correct.
· D.C. will add any corrections/changes to the fine list on the Website.
· If there is a question about a fine, the D.C. will get back to Ken for clarification.
· D.C. will add changes only if the fine differs from the sheet set by Ken.
· Clubs are not to be fined for rained out fields – RDYSL pays a $5.00 or $10.00 fine.
· Board needs to stipulate specifically when a coach or spectator fine is levied if the referee checks “poor” for coach or spectator conduct.
· Risk Management Passes on Game reports.
· NYSW requires all coaches, assistant coaches and managers to have Risk Management passes.
· Risk Management pass number should appear on the game report.
· Rule from NYSW is difficult to enforce as it stands now.
· A copy of the coach’s Risk Management pass must accompany the team roster when Lou sends it to NYSW.
· Lou will ask NYSW about process so it can be clarified and explained to Clubs/teams for next the 2003 season.
2 Treasurer’s Report – Lou
· RDYSL expected to be about $7000 in arrears after the 2002 season but is only a couple thousand dollars because of high amount of fines.
· RDYSL would like to budget without relying on the fines for income.
· Budget is fine as it stands.
· If there was a surplus the RDYSL money could be used for other purposes for players.
· RDYSL is keeping cost low for players – presently $2.50 per player.
3 2003 Season – Ken
· Referee contract needs to be worked on immediately.
· Mark I., Neil and Jacky volunteered and Mark I. Will head the committee.
· Referee contact is Bob Camman.
· Need to have a proposal before meeting with Referees’ Unit.
· Lou – need to find out what other areas in N.Y. State are paying referees.
4 Y – League – Peppy
· Y – League is not recognized as a League – not part of the U.S. Soccer Federation.
· There are no passes in Y – League.
· Players can play on a RDYSL team.
· An entire Y – League team cannot enter RDYSL.
5 Jr. Rhinos and Letter from Dave Zygaj
· Discussion of the letter from Dave Zygaj and the initiatives of the Rhinos regarding the soccer community and the Jr. Rhinos in the 2003 season.
Meeting Adjourned – 9:20 P.M.