March 3, 2002 - RDYSL Board Meeting
6:30 P.M. DAndreas Party House
Attendees: Ken Bliss, Peppy Ehrlich, Dave Matthews, Dave Rich, Ann Marie Mahon, Dave Pratt, Jacky VanDellon, Mark VanDellon, Joe Walton, Mark Ivison, Bill Hunt, Wayne Menz, Andrea Patton
Visitor: Penfield Rangers
Meeting called to Order: 6:40P.M.
1. Ken Failure of International Soccer Club to Pay Fines
· International owes $810.00.
· The club has not responded to attempts to reach them.
· Motion Peppy I make a motion that a letter be sent to the International with a copy to NYSW and United States Youth Soccer to place the International in bad standing so they cannot play unless they pay the fines.
· Second - Mark I. Vote All in favor none opposed.
2. Peppy Guest at Next Board Meeting
· There is someone who would like to come to the Board Meeting.
· The guest will present suggestions on specific agenda items.
· Guests are welcome.
3. Date for Club fines to be Paid for the 2002 Season
· There needs to be a date for payment there was not a specific date this year.
· Technically Clubs are not in good standing until fines are paid.
· Jacky when do the terms for Club presidents start?
· Mark I. every Club is different as to when club presidents start.
· Dave R. all fines should be paid one week after the season ends.
· Mark I. that is too quick the League cannot get the fines together by then fines should be paid by the November General Meeting.
· Jacky it is difficult for new Club presidents to come into the position with fines to be paid.
· Mark I. the fines should be out by September and paid before the November General Meeting.
· Ken there also has to be time for appeals if fines go out by Sept. 1 would there be time for appeals if the fines go out by Sept 1 that would give Clubs time for appeal and to pay fines by November Meeting.
· Ann Marie Nov. 1 would work.
· Dave M. what are the majority of the fines? What are they for?
· Dave R. Club has to pay if player does not pay red Card fine.
· Ken most fines are procedural these can be appealed but the fines cannot be compiled until the referee unit notifies the League as to their fines that are built in.
· Mark V. fines will be sent to Clubs on a weekly basis this year.
· Ken this could be a shorter time providing the Club presidents act on them.
· Dave R. would like to see the appeals and fines done earlier this year.
· Jacky fines will be entered immediately on entering game report - there will be more time to deal with fines two weeks not enough time because it is a new system doing business differently this year and clubs need time to get used to the new system.
· Ken give Clubs until Oct. 1 for appeals and fines must be paid by Nov. 1.
· Dave M. if Clubs do not pay by Nov. 1 then Club is no longer in good standing and the club has to begin the re-entry process.
· Mark V. dates will be added to the League calendar Nov. 1 date for paying fines.
· Dave R. this is an operating procedure - ignorance of the dates is not an excuse to not pay fines.
· Dave M. Does this have to be voted on by membership? No, just By-Laws need to be voted on by the membership.
· Motion Dave R. I make a motion to put these dates on the calendar on the Website.
· Second Jacky Vote all in favor, none opposed.
4. Ken Glenn Buckleys March 9 Meeting
· Wayne and Neil were the League representatives at the first meeting.
· Note from Michael Cheatham said the Leagues must follow the policy the coaches voted on.
· Wayne Changes for U11 to be 11v.11 the main drive is to have all Leagues with the same policies eventual goal is to have Premier open to challenge for team entry there will be an additional level for teams to play in to try to improve and then they may challenge Premier teams for a spot.
· Joe U10 issue U10 will not be competitive because not keeping score.
· Ken Leagues should be independent RDYSL cannot do anything until the Annual Meeting in Nov. where Clubs may vote on issue.
· If Board members have anything to add, please see Wayne or Neil before Sat., March 9.
· Dave M. not a lot of discussion wanting to push the numbers down.
· Jacky understands wanting to lower numbers but fields and volunteers are not available this will decrease the quality of players and the quality of soccer.
· Dave R. this will result in a huge cost smaller fields, smaller goals further division of players means the costs will go up.
· Mark I. Genesee will not be able to change to smaller fields because Club does not own the fields.
· Ken League will have to make decision on U9 this summer Clubs will have to decide how they are going to handle the changes.
· Ken it is impressive the way the divisions are coming in from the D.C.s.
· Dave P. in U11 how does one team get precedence over another.
· Joe why does Premier play in RDYSL.
· Jacky Teams can be select have to go by rules.
· Mark I. there is a distinction in NYSW.
· Ken have to go by the rules.
· Mark I. the decision is in the rules the team has to play according to the rules team has to play U10 because they have not been in RDYSL to establish a record they have to go by the rule or they can get one U11 player and register in U11.
· Dave P. which team plays Division I Webster should play D. 2 and Rhinos should play D. I.
· All D.C.s responded that they have divisions settled.
6. Website Mark V.
· Next year - send registration back to coach to verify registration.
· D.C.s should verify e-mail addresses of coaches to make sure all are correct also ask coaches for a daytime phone number to reach them if there is a referee no-show, etc.
· D.C. went over directions on how to enter scores, fines, etc. on the Website.
7. Posting Scores Ann Marie Mahon
· Can D.C. post scores if coaches call them in and then change them later if they are incorrect.
· This is difficult method to use.
· D.C. does not want to get 30-40 phone calls each game night.
· This is the way it was done years ago and it did not work well this is why we changed the method of reporting scores.
8. March Meeting Ken
· Ken will deliver the packets and hand them out when everyone is seated.
· Review the items to be covered at the meeting.
· Ken will send out example packets for the D.C.s to use to prepare for the meeting.
· At the meeting go over the coaches list to make sure it is accurate and then D.C. should change information on the Website.
· Game Report have copies filled and empty to demonstrate what needs to be reported.
· Point out that information is on the Website for coaches.
· Agenda for the meeting is in Kurts packet please follow it.
9. Division Coordinator Role Document Ken
· Kurt has done a great job on this.
· Please review and give him any suggestions for additions to the information.
10. Discipline Ken
· Wayne is V.P. for Discipline.
· Contact him if there is a problem.
· D.C. and gender V.P. will handle any incident first, and then Wayne will be contacted if incident warrants it.
Meeting Adjourned: 9:20 P.M.