RDYSL Annual General Meeting
Wednesday, November 14, 2001 7 P.M.
DAndreas Party House
Board Members Present: Ken Bliss, Mark Ivison, Neil Fisher, Lou Boyon, Andrea Patton, Wayne Menz, Rick Frisicano, Peppy Ehrlich, Joe Walton, Eric Lubberts, Jacky VanDellon
Clubs not in Attendance: Chili, Honeoye Falls, International, Strikers.
1. Roll Call Andrea Patton
2. NYSW Roger Best
· Soccer Fest Saturday, November 17, 2001
a. Location Webster Soccer Facility - $10 for the day.
b. Clinics on Saturday.
c. Annual General Meeting on Sunday.
d. Member or proxy must be at meeting or $50 fine for Club not represented.
e. Roger must have any new Club information.
f. Teams must have permission to travel out of the district.
g. New Hosting Policy - meeting at 1P.M. Saturday.
h. Risk Management must get State pass for any adult dealing with children.
i. Snickers State cup first weekend in June.
j. Website is source for all NYSW information ODP, Soccerfest, etc.
k. Tournament Host forms and Insurance certification forms available at meeting.
3. Rochester Rhinos
· Thank you for support this year.
· Rhinos want to help with programs for fundraisers for Clubs.
· Goal is enjoyment for children.
· There will be Rhino camps again this year.
· Call 454-KICK for Rhino information.
4. Rochester Metrostars Ron Mavity
· Soccer for inner-city children.
· Emphasis on Social and academic along with athletic.
· Peppy and Sandy Ehrlich are supporters.
· Donations of canned goods, etc. accepted for needy families.
5. Presentation of Plaques
6. Election of Officers Sandy Sherman
· President Ken Bliss
· 1stVice President (Girls) Mark Ivison
· 2ndVice President (Boys) Neil Fisher
· 3rdVice President for Discipline Wayne Menz
· 4th Vice President (Webmaster) Mark VanDellon
· Treasurer Lou Boyon
· Secretary Andrea Patton
· Vote unanimous acceptance
· Ken spoke to the fact that volunteers are needed to keep RDYSL running smoothly currently there is a need for Division Coordinator for Girls U14.
7. Treasurers Report Lou Boyon
· Budget accepted.
· Fees will be increased to $2.50 this year.
· Suggestion to put budget on Website before the meeting so everyone has time to review it.
· Suggestion to e-mail the final budget for the year past to Club presidents.
· Lou explained that RDYSL currently operates in the red in an effort to return to the Clubs most of the large balance that existed when MCGSL and RAYSL formed RDYSL.
· Currently Web V.P, the two gender Vice-Presidents and the President get free Internet and second phone line for computer.
· New Club Churchville paid $20 fee per team (5 teams) because the Club did not contribute to the surplus.
· Drawback of the budget is that it is too dependent on fines.
· There is a fine to the referees unit for a referee no-show this has to be reported within 48 hours but most coaches do not notify D.C. so RDYSL can collect the fee.
8. Registrar Report Ken for Harriet Bliss
· Letter has been sent out notifying Clubs that billing will no longer occur.
· Teams that register must pay at the time of registration.
· Pre-payment is also available excess will be returned to Club.
9. Website Jacky for Mark VanDellon
· Adjustments will be made to forms on the Website.
· Suggestions can be e-mailed.
· Presently working on database to speed-up process of recording standings.
10. Change to Rules and Regulations Jacky VanDellon
· Old rules based on dual age groups.
· Rule change to read:
III. TEAM ENTRY
E. Team Placement
3. A team may not play up to the next higher Division unless, during the previous year, the team played in Division 1 and placed first or second.
3a. A team may play up only one age division.
11. Boys Division Neil Fisher
· Magazines available.
12. Girls Division Mark Ivison
· Good year.
· Discipline was the only problem.
13. Calendar Ken
· Not out yet.
· Major change instead of March meeting the individual divisions will meet over a one (1) week period.
· Coach or team representative must attend meeting to get the team packet and review processes and procedures for the season.
14. NYSW AGM 9, 10, 11 Policy Vote Ken
· Glenn Buckley and Tony Buniskis attended a meeting with the RDYSL Board.
· Board feels that Clubs should determine what happens in RDYSL not NYSW.
· RDYSL Board wants to vote down the proposal to return control of decisions such as this to Clubs and Leagues.
· Board feels this is not a NYSW decision.
· Bill Beach asked what happens if there is a no vote.
· Ken responded that there will be another RDYSL meeting after the NYSW AGM meeting to determine what RDYSL wants to do.
· This issue will be a separate vote not linked to any other issue.
· Roger Best added that this amendment can be modified to exclude the 11s.
15. Dual Registration Ken
· Player cannot be dual registered.
· Player in Premier cannot play in RDYSL.
· Y League is not recognized so player can play in Y League and in RDYSL.
· Reminder that player cannot play Premier until U12.
16. Soccer Complex Greece Cobras
· Support plan for detailed planning, traffic, environmental for the soccer complex.
· Will not know feasibility until this plan is complete.
17. From Floor:
· Bill Beach there is an issue with Premier Clubs putting teams in RDYSL.
· Ken currently the only Premier Club that can put teams in RDYSL is the Jr. Rhinos.
· Jim Mort Jr. Rhinos have no intention of flooding RDYSL with Premier teams.
18. Season will start later this year than last year
Meeting Adjourned - 8:50 P.M.