October 28, 2001 – RDYSL Board Meeting
6:30 P.M. – 1632 Creek Street
Present: Ken Bliss, Mark Ivison, Neil Fisher, Lou Boyon, Peppy Ehrlich, Wayne Menz, Mark VanDellon, Jackie VanDellon, Kurt Knoblauch, Andrea Patton
1. Budget – Lou
· Hand-out of budget sheet – RDYSL has $54,750 - if players pay $2.50 and League collects $9000 in fines then the League is -$7,730.
· Cost to RDYSL is almost $5.00 per player – League will be without funds in 2 years without extra money.
· Mark I. – League should increase fees gradually over next 2 years so it is not difficult for the Clubs.
· Lou – NYSW collects $11 – fees $6.00 per player for pass, $6.00 per player for insurance and $2.50 for RDYSL.
· Lou - The budget depends on fines and this is not healthy for the RDYSL because fines are not dependable.
· Jackie – RDYSL should do something for the U10 although trophies for play are not encouraged – possibly medals, etc.
· Lou – in the long run adjustments will have to be made, and currently there is no room for reductions in the budget.
· Neil – possible way to save money is to give awards for first place only.
· Ken – Leagues can do things on their own unless prohibited by NYSW – National is only recommending U10 not receive trophies for play.
· Peppy – What is the rest of NYSW doing?
· Ken – They are going along with NYSW.
· Neil – RDYSL Board should wait and see what RDYSL decides at the General Meeting.
· Ken – NYSW wants to eliminate elected auditors.
· Kurt – NYSW has revised their proposal as of Sept. 14 – there will be no impact for League next year.
· Lou – the vote will take place at the NYSW Annual General Meeting.
· Kurt – if the proposal does not pass as it is proposed there is no alternative and the rule remains as it is – vote at the AGM is one vote per team per Club.
· Mark I. – the proxy for NYSW gives up the right to vote for a full year.
· Ken will call National and ask if NYSW can make a mandatory rule for U10.
2. Annual General Meeting – Ken
3. Elections – Ken
· New Division Coordinator for U12 Girls – Dave Pratt – Penfield Strikers.
· Ron Zorn (U19 Boys) is not returning.
· Dave Rich will take U19 Boys.
· There is an opening for U12 Boys.
· Wayne Menz has agreed to serve as Vice-President for Discipline.
· U10 Division will be split so there is a need for another D.C. in U10.
4. Discipline - Ken
· This year incidents have to be handled immediately.
5. Word Change for RDYSL Rules
· Jackie – RDYSL should change wording of Rule E3 to reflect single age brackets in RDYSL – proposed change would read:
III. TEAM ENTRY
E. Team Placement
3. A team may not play up to the next higher Division unless during the previous year the team played in Division I and placed first or second.
3a. A team may play up only one age division.
· Motion – Jackie – Second by Mark –
· Wayne – More refined and restrictive than the present rule.
· Lou – does not see any difficulty.
· Vote – unanimous in favor for the year 2002.
6. RDYSL Calendar
· Board Meeting – February 7, 2002.
· Division Coordinators will have a meeting with team coaches to review procedures and forms in early March.
· All changes will be completed by April 12, 2002.
· Final schedule will be ready between April 26 - April 29.
· No games played before May 20.
· Next Board Meeting will be in early December between December 1-10.
Meeting Adjourned: 9:05 P.M.