Rochester District Youth Soccer League Board Meeting
Sunday, October 1, 2000 – 6:00 P.M.
Dandrea’s Party House
Attendees: Ken Bliss, Mark Ivison, Kay Yonda, Kurt Knoblauch, Jacky Van Dellon, Larry Everts, Wayne Mentz, Lou Boyon, Neil Fisher, Rick Frisicano, Mary Sergent, Andrea Patton
Meeting called to order: 6:05 P.M.
- Incorporation – Lou Boyon
Procedures for Closing MCGSL and RAYSL Leagues
Each will keep operating
Goal is to lower fines for Clubs in new League
RAYSL President will be instructed by Club presidents where to put RAYSL money
MCGSL funds are being used to operate RDYSL now
Ian Redpath is handling the Incorporation
Cost for Incorporation of RDYSL will cost between $600-$1200
2001 Budget - Lou
- May take two months longer
League Fees -Lou
- League does not have referee assignor fees yet
- Net worth – MCGSL - $29,000.00(approx.) and RAYSL - $50,000 (approx.)
- RAYSL has historically collected more than MCGSL in fines
- Procedure (when Incorporation complete) will be to send MCGSL bonds back and get new bonds for RDYSL
Policy for Reporting Expenses – Lou
- Player fees - $2.50
- Team fee - $20
- Communication fees might be underestimated
- Safety valve in planning the new budget is in the fines that do not have a definite value
- Mark – Would pre-stamped envelopes help simplify costs
- Accountant recommended reducing capital with a fee reduction
Policy for Bids – Lou
- Bills for League expenses (i.e. telephone line, etc.) should be addressed to Lou
- Give Lou a receipt for any other expenses
RDYSL Procedures – Ken
- Lou would prefer to have spec. sheet for items
- Use the spec. to send to vendors for bids
- Bids will come back to Lou and be opened on a specified date and time
- Mark inquired about using a purchase order number for payment
- Lou stated that there is usually quick turnaround on billing statements
- Lou made a motion that for any item over $1000, the League will follow the bid procedure
- Mark – second
- Vote – unanimous for
Rules and Regulations - Ken
- Ken stated that for the first year RDYSL will be remain similar to MCGSL and RAYSL
Will stay the same for the 2001 season
Applications by New Clubs
Churchville Soccer Club application is accepted – the Club has four (4) teams and contacted the League before Sept. 1
Flower City Soccer Club is not allowed because the application was received on September 25 after the cut-off date.
- I. Division Organization – eliminate I. B. – Mark explained the goal by the Task Force was to eliminate divisions of equal strength – Discussion of wording followed – Rick suggested to add sentence "The number of divisions will be determined each year by the Board based on the team entries." Add this statement to current C. and then this will become B.
- II. Club Entry A. 3 – add "letter of " before application
- II. B. 3 – change "three (3) of 5 major divisions" to "two (2) of the five major divisions.
- Eliminate II. E.
- III. Team Entry - add D. "Club must provide a regulation field for every team’s home game."
- VIII. D. – add " will be assessed referee assignor’s fee."
- VIII. E. – add " Any game rescheduled without following proper procedures will be considered invalid and will result in a double forfeit."
- IX. A. – add 8. "If a game has not reached the half way mark and is cancelled, all infractions are still valid."
- XI. A. 2. – add "However, all infractions will stand."
- XI. C. 4 – eliminate
- XV. C. – eliminate last sentence about method of paying referees.
- XV. Add I. – " No protests on referee’s decisions will be entertained in any League Cup or League Competition."
- Infractions – eliminate #19
Mark Ivison made a motion to purchase a fax copier not to exceed $600
Vote – unanimous for
Website – Kay
- Annual Meeting –Wednesday - Nov. 8 – 7 P.M. at Dandreas Party House
- Presidents’ Meeting – Wednesday - February 7 – 7 P.M.
- General Meeting – Wednesday - March 21 – 7 P.M. – Dandrea’s
- Deadline for team registration information – February 25 – 6 P.M.
- Deadline for Game Changes – April 28 – 6 P.M.
- Deadline for Field Assignments – May 5 – 6 P.M.
- Board Meeting (Division Coordinators) – Sunday - November 5 – 6 P.M. - Dandreas.
Referee Contract – Rick
- Goal to make updates of information on the Website more uniform
- Will try to help Jason with this
New York State West – Larry
- Contract still under negotiation
- Annual General Meeting – November 18 and 19
- Soccerfest at ESL on Saturday
- Dinner Saturday P.M. at Holidome – tickets $25
Meeting Adjourned – 9:05 P.M.