RDYSL Board Meeting Minutes

Sunday, October 18, 2009

6:00 8:00 pm

 

JCC 1200 Edgewood Avenue

 

Board Attendees: Mary Arter, Lou Boyon, Howie DeLooze, Peppy Ehrlich, Neil Fisher, Sue Gurak, Beth Guzzetta, George Hebert, Donna Kephart, Karen May, Dave Peishel, Jacky VanDellon, Mark VanDellon

 

 

Called to Order: 6:04 PM

 

  1. Budget:
    1. In 2001 the girls and the boys league were combined into RDYSL. At that time the fiscal year was set. We would like to change the fiscal year for the RDYSL league so go from March 1st to February 28 to September 1st to August 31st. This change will need to be voted on at the AGM.
    2. Lou reviewed the budget for 2009 and the new planned operating budget for 2010.
    3. Award T-shirts should be sent out to bid (3 companies) annually. Lou is doing the T-shirts for next year.
    4. 13 clubs have not paid their fines yet: Alexander, Canandaigua Attack, Chili, Fairport, Hilton-Parma, Holley, Irondequoit , Livonia, Honeoye Falls, Penfield Rangers, Pittsford Mustangs, Spencerport & Stormers. Need to send an email to the teams that have not paid or send a new invoice need to add 5% to their bill for being late. Lou will send notes to the above clubs notifying them of the new billing.
    5. Motion to approve the budget for next year. Motion Lou Boyon Second Jacky VanDellon vote passed.
  2. Rules review:
    1. Web related requests/changes

                                                              i.      Reviewed the requests that have come in and prioritized the items.

    1. League Boundaries

                                                              i.      Reviewed wording for the field locations for new clubs being added in the 2011 and later seasons.

                                                            ii.      Would like to bring up the boundary issue to the AGM.

    1. Heat

                                                              i.      Reviewed wording that was added to the playing condition section of the rules.

    1. Fees

                                                              i.      Reviewed wording around fines for not rescheduling the game.

    1. New Rules

                                                              i.      Discussed whether the RDYSL league should add term limits to other board positions like the RDYSL President who has a term limit today. Since volunteers are difficult to find no changes Decided the board would recommend removing the term limit for the RDYSL president this will be brought up for a vote at the AGM.

    1. Zero tolerance

                                                              i.      The club presidents did have some comments and suggested improvements consistent enforcement is an issue concern about the young referees being able to enforce the zero tolerance rules.

                                                            ii.      The league will be working with the referee unit about the zero tolerance policy consistency and accountability.

    1. # of games for U17/U19 -

                                                              i.      The Club Presidents were OK with going to a 10 game season for U19 but not for U17. The board agreed to this change effective for the 2010 season.

    1. Slide tackles in U10 and below

                                                              i.      It is part of the game no change of the rules.

  1. League Programs
    1. Model and Leadership should be looked at more closely smaller clubs/larger clubs have advantage/disadvantages with current guidelines will look into this George to bring a proposal.
    2. Should we look into putting clubs on probation due to their model/leadership behavior? Need to look into this as to what the NYWest rules allow, how this could possibly be done. This is something the board needs to work on.
    3. Training for club presidents should we the league be helping the clubs to become model/leadership clubs. Like the idea of best practices for clubs and club presidents. League should work on this George, Howie & Sue will begin working on this.
  2. Parent education Keep in mind for discussion next meeting.

 

Adjourned: 8:00pm

 

km