RDYSL Board Meeting Minutes

Monday, August 25, 2008

7:00 – 9:00 pm

 

JCC 1200 Edgewood Avenue

 

Board Attendees: Mary Arter, Lou Boyon, Peppy Ehrlich, Neil Fisher, Michael Fridman, Sue Gurak, Beth Guzzetta, George Hebert, Donna Kephart, Jim LeGrett, Karen May, Dave Peishel, Joe Walton

 

 

Called to Order: 7:03pm

 

  1. Referee Issues
    1. Assignor fees:

                                                               i.      Discussion around should the league keep paying the assignors fee or should this be paid by the club.

1.      Will go with teams paying the assignor fee – thus the referee game fees will go up to cover the assignor fee.

                                                             ii.      Discussion around sharing the assignor with RDYSL and RDSL. RDYSL will stay with current assignor for now.

                                                            iii.      Discussion around game/referee evaluation process. Will continue the evaluations. Mary to talk with Webmaster on some minor updates to the game evaluation form on the website.

  1. DC Operations
    1. Discussed a series of questions that have come up during the season around the operations of our Division Coordinators:

                                                               i.      Can a DC referee a team in their own division? – Yes it is OK

                                                             ii.      Can a head coach be a DC for a division they are in? – Yes – this has been done for years.

                                                            iii.      DC’s would like to get copies of the roster at the beginning of the season. – Will try to do this but it must be easy to do. Maybe provide the rosters for the call-up ages only as this is where it would be used the most. All DC’s can email specific questions about rosters to the registrars at any time.

                                                           iv.      Is there a mechanism for DC’s to notify the board and coaches when they will be away? – There is no formal mechanism in place but this is being done by most DC’s already.

                                                             v.      Are the DC’s consistent in charging fees/fines for forfeits? –Sometimes the referee has already been paid at the field so the only fine is the forfeit fine – sometimes the opposing team needs to be reimbursed for the referee fee if they were not the team that forfeit – thus different fines/fees are assigned as appropriate. DC’s are working to be consistent in what is being fined but the way they assign the fines may be slightly different in the forfeit situations.

  1. Roster issues:
    1. Discussed several questions/issues that have come up around rosters:

                                                               i.      Is the Call up rule working? Call up rule is a good rule – will continue for another year.

                                                             ii.      Should we bring the age group down another year? (i.e. to younger age groups) – NO leave as it is.

                                                            iii.      Should we limit the number of times a player can be called up? – No changes this year.

                                                           iv.      Ask Mark if we can have call up form on the website. – Mary to talk to Mark.

                                                             v.      Discussed U12 small-sided – should we make the option available – Bring it back to the clubs to vote? Too late for 2009 – vote on option for small-sided game at the president’s meeting in September.

  1. Behavior/conduct:
    1. Discussed fines – are they the correct? Should we change the fines? – No changes to fines at this time.
    2. Discussed – put a requirement on the clubs to provide a zero tolerance policy?  - Add this to president’s meeting as a discussion.
  2. President’s meeting:
    1. Late September – Sunday night – Mary to check on MCC.

                                                               i.      Scheduled for Sunday, September 28th at 6:30pm – MCC Empire Room.

    1. Discussed topics for this meeting.
  1. Next board meeting
    1. Sunday’s better for fall meetings.

                                                               i.      Scheduled for Sunday, September 21st at 2pm - JCC

 

Adjourned: 8:59pm

 

km