RDYSL Board Meeting Minutes

Monday, August 13-14, 2007

7:00 – 9:00 pm

 

JCC 1200 Edgewood Avenue

 

Board Attendees: Mary Arter, Lou Boyon, Dennis Crowe, Howie DeLooze, Neil Fisher, Mike Fridman, Sue Gurak, Donna Kephart, Kurt Knoblauch, Jim LeGrett, Gary Levine, Karen May, Jacky Van Dellon, Mark Van Dellon, Joe Walton

 

Come to order: 7:00pm

 

1.       2008 RDYSL

a.       Board members returning

b.       DC’s returning

                                                   i.      Will need at least 1 new DC next year – most are returning.

2.       DC Business

a.       Reviewed each division by each DC

                                                   i.      In all a good year – some issues but all were dealt with in a timely manner by DC’s and the gender VP’s.

                                                 ii.      Some game rescheduling due to weather were very slow.

                                                iii.      Need to work with referee unit to ensure coaches passes are being checked along with the player passes.

3.       Call up rules – how did it go?

a.       Boys side – liked it – would like to expand to lower age next year.

b.       Girls side – all liked it but one coach.

c.       Regularly used – and it was a great thing!

d.       Will be discussed as part of rules discussion on Tuesday (see below)

4.       Referee discussions

a.       Joe Walton discussed new proposed fees. – approved by board

b.       Mentoring discussed – right now Fahey does not believe they could do a formal mentoring program – but will discuss at referee unit meeting.

c.       Discussion about referee assignors and how it worked this year. Need some work to look into making this smoother next year.

5.       T-shirts awarded

a.       29 clubs in the league: 28 clubs got shirt

b.       Looking for a new coordinator on the board for this job.

 

meeting adjourned: 9:15pm

 

 

Meeting Continued 8/14/1007:

 

Board Attendees: Mary Arter, Lou Boyon, Dennis Crowe, Howie DeLooze, Neil Fisher, Mike Fridman, Sue Gurak, Donna Kephart, Jim LeGrett, Gary Levine, Karen May, Jacky Van Dellon, Mark Van Dellon

 

Come to order: 7:05pm

 

6.       Rules discussion

a.       Minor spectator offense

                                                   i.      Fees & fines – there is no minor offense in the rules – should this be changed to be similar to coaches fines.

                                                 ii.      Update rule 503 to be changed to be similar to rule 502 – decision.

                                                iii.      Discussion about spectator misconduct fines being different than coaching staff misconduct fines – should they be changed to be the same. – Decision to change Spectator fines to be the same as the coach’s fines.

b.       Proposal to change 3 yellow cards equating to red (ie – 2 game suspension; $50 fine) – 3 yellow cards is 1 game suspension and $25 fine. – decision agreed.

c.       Call up rule

                                                   i.      Continue as is or not?

1.       most people liked it – some clubs do not allow it to be used.

2.       it is nice to have the rule for goalies.

3.       mostly used after school is out.

4.       board mostly agreed that it should continue for another year. – decision agreed.

                                                 ii.      Should it be expanded?

1.       can 15’s go to 17’s.

2.       if we expand only do it one age at a time.

3.       what about lateral call up?

4.       Decision to keep the same as this year.

5.       allowing same age but lower division players to be called up this year.

d.       NYSW – all sanctioned tournaments – small sided games for U12

                                                   i.      lots of discussion of the options: keep U12 as is – 11v11.

e.       Secondary players

                                                   i.      requests to eliminate or reduce the number of secondary players

                                                 ii.      requests to add the number of secondary players

                                                iii.      leave it at 3 for next year

f.         Move up the last date to add players

                                                   i.      June 1st for all players up to U16.

                                                 ii.      June 15th for U17 & 19’s.

                                                iii.      Decision to change as stated above.

g.       Return passes for tournament play for red carded players

                                                   i.      leave it as it is today.

h.       Protest rule – currently 3 days notification

                                                   i.      discussion around clarifying the wording – posting or email notification.

                                                 ii.      change 3 days to 5 days for protests to be sent in.

i.         tie breaker rules

                                                   i.      change head to head to be used only if 2 teams are tied – if there are 3 or more than go to next tie breaker

j.         U12 – roster side – 22 players today

                                                   i.      We need to change this back to 18 players – to match USYouth soccer. This will be in effect starting in the 2009 season.

k.       Running up the score

                                                   i.      Leave it and deal with on an individual basis as necessary.

l.         Forms

                                                   i.      Need to reevaluate a number of forms for next season. – small group will work this.

7.       Do we want a club’s president’s meeting – when?

a.       Yes - Early September – Week of the 17th of September.

b.       Gary to get a room and email to Presidents.

8.       Fine summary discussion.

 

Meeting adjourned: 9:12pm