June 15, 2002 - Board Meeting
1632 Creek Street
Present: Ken Bliss, Neil Fisher, Lou Boyon, Mark VanDellon, Kurt Knoblauch, AnnMarie Mahon, Andrea Patton
Meeting Called to Order: 6:35 PM
· RDYSL has had three (3) meetings with the Rhinos.
· RDYSL has passed on comments and information from Clubs and individuals.
· There will be a RDYSL hearing next Sunday (6/30) at D’Andrea’s Party House.
· Concerns protest on field size.
· RDYSL needs at least three (3) Board members.
· Lou, Neil and Ken will attend.
· A Honeoye Falls player punched a Brighton player.
· Assault charges were filed against the Honeoye Falls player.
· U13 Girls – Recent correspondence has alleged the Metrostars have assaulted and insulted other players.
· Player has been suspended.
· League needs referee report of incidents to be able to respond.
· Referee report is the proof that RDYSL needs to pursue incidents.
· RDYSL cannot do anything if referee report does not see or mention incident.
· If player is seriously injured it is the domain of the VP of Discipline.
· What responsibility does Board member have if he/she attends a game and sees an infraction with procedure or behavior?
· Board member has a responsibility to bring the infraction to the attention of the referee or coach.
· Board member points out the infraction to the coach and/or referee and then lets the coach and/or referee handle the situation.
· Player’s family has asked RDYSL to allow player to transfer from one team to another in RDYSL.
· Transfer cut-off date is May 15.
· Request was made after the cut-off date so transfer cannot be allowed.
· RDYSL rule changes can be made only at General Meeting in November.
· RDYSL Board does not have the authority to make exceptions to rules – Board only has the authority to enforce the rules.
· Board members need to clearly understand an issue before they respond to it.
Meeting Adjourned: 7:50 PM