April 24, 2002 RDYSL General Meeting
D’Andrea’s Party House – 7 P.M.
Clubs Not in Attendance: Penfield Strikers, Stormers S.C., Wayne S.C.
Board Members in Attendance: Ken Bliss, Neil Fisher, Kurt Knoblauch, Mark VanDellon, Dave Rich, Peppy Ehrlich, Dave Pratt, Dave Matthews, Joe Walton, Andrea Patton
1. NYSW – Roger Best
· Roger needs disk for computerized registration from each Club.
· This is not a new requirement – it was voted on at AGM.
· Disk is due by June 1.
· If Club is in State cup – disk must be submitted by April 26 or team is disqualified.
· Send bulk of registrations to Roger now and send in the rest later.
· Disk is created from Logical solutions software on NYSW Website.
2. Rochester Rhinos Youth Coordinator – Davis Zygij
· Rhinos sent out survey but have received only eleven (11) responses.
· Surveys still available.
· Call Dave Z. if an issue needs to be discussed.
· Ken urged all those who have called to express an issue concerning the Rhinos to please send in the survey.
3. U9 –10 for the 2003 Season
· NYSW Annual Meeting a vote was taken which prohibited U 9 from playing in a competitive League.
· In 2004 there will be no U9 or U10 in competitive League.
· RDYSL will offer a travel division for U9 with no scores and no standings.
· The games will be basically friendlies.
· There will be game reports in case of injuries or misconduct.
· Roster size will be at 14.
· Some clubs may run their own programs.
· Players will be registered and insured.
· Suggestion to have RDYSL arrange fields and let Clubs decide games (5v5 or 7v7) - Ken responded that this would be a legal issue for the League.
· Penfield Rangers (Curt Regruit) have a format for blending Recreation with the Club - will also have a Center for Excellence and offered to help any Club set up a format.
· This season the division will stand as it is.
· Next year Club organization may be a possibility.
· Note from Franz asking U9 and 10 to double up games – often just a change of time and/or field is needed – must be done by May 1.
· RDYSL rule that teams and spectators stay on opposite sides of fields – home team decides their side of field.
· If opposing team refuses to go to the other side the game is a forfeit ($150) – referee will ask and then leave the field – team that refuses to move will pay the forfeit fine.
· This is in the Coaches’ instructions and was covered at the Coaches’ Meeting.
· There has never been a situation when parents are on the opposite sides of the field.
· This rule includes an assistant coach or parent on the opposite side giving directions.
4. Website – Mark V.
· There were 470 game changes and 1600 field changes.
· Next year only a Club field coordinator may make field changes.
· Clubs need to have a field coordinator for next year.
· Corrections to game changes are due by May 1.
· Make sure schedules are checked for any changes that were made and not recorded by the D.C.
· Contact Mark V. is if a coach cannot get the game report off the Website.
· Fines are viewable by clicking on the fine box.
· Mark V. will send fines to Ken and Ken will add any non-game fines and e-mail this to Clubs weekly.
· March meeting covered game reports and there is a sample on the Website.
· Home Coaches should contact Visiting Coach two (2) days ahead to confirm field and uniform color.
· Sean Gleason – compliments on the Website and the process.
· Schedule handed out is up-to-date as of last Sunday (April 21).
· Clubs and teams have until May1 to make any corrections then the RDYSL will reflect the FINAL schedule with corrections.
Meeting Adjourned: 7:50 P.M.